Richardson Texas Real Estate Sales were up 24% in June 2013


Richardson Texas Real Estate Sales were up 24% in June 2013 over the same month last year with 149 homes selling this month! So far this year, overall home sales were at 681 homes sold, a change of 22% from last year.

The Texas home market for the first quarter 2013 in the DFW Metroplex has been brisk so far, with a slight shortage of listings in many areas. With both prices and interest rates at historic lows, this is an ideal time to purchase for both new home owners and current home owners moving to larger homes. It is becoming a Sellers market, and with the shortage of listings, quick action is important. It is key to have your financing approved and prequalification work in process to insure a smooth purchase.

New Richardson Texas real estate listings in June 2013 changed 24% compared to the same period last year with 196 homes listed this month. So far this year, overall home listings have experienced a 10% change, with 918 homes listed this year. Current listings pending sale this month underwent a change of 34%, with 142 homes contracted. Listings under contract for the year to date changed by 26%, with 766 homes under contract for this month.

The average sales price of a home in Richardson this month was $180,256, a change of 9.5% from this month last year. Overall, for the year 2013, the average sales price was $179,087, a change of 8%. Sellers received 98% of their asking price this month, which is a change of 3% from last year. For the year to date, sellers received 1491% of their asking price, a change of 2%. This month, homes spent an average of 32 days on the market until sold, which represents a change of -45% from last year. For the year to date, the average number of days on the market was 43, an overall change of -35%.

The current supply of active listings on the market this month was 229 homes. This is a change of -34% from the same month last year. This month there was a 2.1 month supply of homes on the market; this is a change of -46% from last year. Richardson real estate is known as area 10 in the North Texas Real Estate Information System. Information is believed reliable but is only as accurate as reported by the system in the month of June 2013.

Register online to have monthly updates on your city and neighborhood automatically emailed to you from Richardson Real Estate. Search Richardson Texas homes, Richardson Texas foreclosures, and Richardson Texas short sales and find Homes in Richardson. Research current Richardson home values at DFW Home Values This service is FREE and available without any obligation from

The DFW Metroplex is also known as the Dallas Fort Worth Arlington Metropolitan Statistical Area, a title designated by the U.S. Census Bureau, which encompasses 12 counties within the state of Texas. The area is divided into two metropolitan divisions: Dallas Plano Irving and Fort Worth Arlington. It is comprised of over 70 cities, both incorporated and unincorporated.

The DFW Metroplex is, by population, the largest metropolitan area in Texas, the largest in the South, the fourth-largest in the United States, and the tenth-largest in the Americas. The DFW Metroplex encompasses over 9,000 square miles of total area, making it larger in area than the U.S. states of Rhode Island and Connecticut, combined. It also has the sixth-largest gross metropolitan product (GMP) in the United States, and is approximately tenth-largest by GMP in the world.

Richardson Texas real estate June 2013

Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better

Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services