Denton, Texas Home Values report for December 2014

Housing sales year-to-date went down 2% compared to the same period last year, with 810 properties sold. In Denton, 51 houses sold in December 2014, which is a 4% rise from last month.

Cumulatively this year, home sales went down 8% relative to the same month last year, with 810 homes sold. This month, 41 new properties were listed in Denton, a 11% fall from the previous month. Cumulatively this year there have been 801 listed houses under contract total, which is a 2% decrease from last year. There were 44 listed homes under contract this month, a 13% gain from last month. Year-to-date, the average home sales price was approximately $159,119, which is a 6% rise from a year ago. The average price for a home was about $172,881 this month, a 14% surge from a month ago.

The average percentage of original list prices received year-to-date is 97%, which is a 0% surge from a year ago. Buyers sold their houses for 95% of their listed price in December 2014, which is a 0% rise from the previous month. Year-to-date, properties spent approximately 42 days in the market until sold., which is a 4% rise from last year. The days on market until sale in Denton rose 13% in December of this year, at 55 days on market until sale. The market inventory of available homes in Denton went down 37% in December 2014, with the market supply of homes at 72 homes. In December 2014 there was a 1.1 month supply of houses on the market, a 36% decrease from the previous month.

Denton real estate information, known as MLS Area 31, is reported by area in the North Texas Real Estate Information System. The information in this report is believed reliable, but is only as accurate as reported by the system in the month of December 2014.

The DFW area is also known as the Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan Statistical Area, a title designated by the U.S. Census Bureau, which encompasses 12 counties within the state of Texas. The area is divided into two metropolitan divisions: Dallas Plano Irving and Fort Worth. It is comprised of over 70 cities, both incorporated and unincorporated. The DFW Metroplex is, by population, the largest metropolitan area in Texas, the largest in the South, the fourth-largest in the United States, and the tenth-largest in the Americas. The DFW Metroplex encompasses over 9,000 square miles of total area, making it larger in area than the states of Rhode Island and Connecticut, combined. It also has the sixth-largest gross metropolitan product (GMP) in the United States, and is approximately tenth-largest by GMP in the world.

You can register on our website to have monthly updates on your city and neighborhood automatically emailed to you from DFW Team Realty. SearchDenton Texas homes, foreclosures, and short sales to find homes in Denton. This service is FREE and available without any obligation from DFWTeamRealty.com.

Denton Texas Real Estate December 2014

By

Close
Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better

Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services