Hood County Texas Real Estate Sales were up 2% in March 2012

Hood County Texas Real Estate Sales were up 2% in March 2012 over the same month last year with 58 homes selling this month! For the year to date, overall home sales were at 145 homes sold, a 7% change from last year. Hood County Texas Real Estate total dollar volume of homes sold this month was $10,327,596 which is a -9% change from this month last year. For the year to date, the total dollar sales were at $25,529,280, which is a -15% change.

The Texas home market for the first quarter 2012 in the DFW Metroplex is overall improved over the last year. With both prices and interest rates at historic lows, this is an idea time to purchase for both new home owners and current home owners moving to larger homes. The key is to have your financing and prequalification work in process to insure a smooth transaction. As the spring begins and school ends more homes with be put on the market and more prospective buyer will be looking for homes. Traditionally the second and third quarters are the busiest in the real estate industry

New Hood County Texas Real Estate listings experienced a -5% change for the same period last year with 164 homes listed this month. For the year to date, overall home listings underwent a -1% change with 414 homes listed this year. Listings pending sales this month underwent a 36% change, with 57 homes contracted. Listings under contract for the year to date experienced a 9% change, with 139 homes under contract for this month.

The average sales price of a home in Hood County was $178,062, a -10% change from this month last year. Overall, for 2012, the average sales price was $176,064 , a -20% change. Sellers received 94% of their asking price this month, which is a -2% change from last year. For the year to date, sellers received 95% of their asking price, which is a -1% change. This month, homes spent an average of 114 days on the market until sold, which was a -12% change from last year. For the year to date, the average number of days on the market was 112, an overall change of -15%.

The current supply of active listings on the market this month was 629 homes. This is a change of -8% from the same month last year. For the year to date, the supply of active listings on the market was 610, which is a -6% change. This month there was a 10.4 months’ supply of homes on the market; this was a -6% change from last year. For the year to date, there was a 10.1 months’ supply of homes on the market, which is a -4% change from the same period last year. The average price per square foot was $96 this month; a 8% change from last year. For the year to date, the average price per square foot was $89, a change of -8% .

Hood County Real Estate sales is known as area 73 in the North Texas Real Estate Information System. Information is believed reliable but is only as accurate as reported by the system in the month of March 2012. DFW Team Realty provides month reports on Hood County Real Estate Sales as well as Hood County Foreclosures, Hood County Short Sales, and Home in Hood County. Please visit our website at DFWTeamRealty.com for the latest information on Hood County homes by price range and community.

Register online for monthly updates in your city and your neighborhood automatically emailed to you at Hood County Real Estate. Search Hood County homes, Hood County foreclosures, and Hood County short sales at DFWTeamRealty.com.

The DFW Metroplex is also known as Dallas Fort Worth Arlington Metropolitan Statistical Area, a title designated by the U.S. Census which encompasses 12 counties within the U.S. state of Texas. The area is divided into two metropolitan divisions: Dallas Plano Irving and Fort Worth Arlington and is comprised of over 70 area cities both incorporated and unincorporated.

The DFW Metroplex is, by population, the largest metropolitan area in Texas, the largest in the South, the fourth-largest in the United States, and the tenth-largest in the Americas. The DFW Metroplex encompasses over 9,000 square miles of total area, making it larger in area than the U.S. states of Rhode Island and Connecticut combined. It is also the sixth largest gross metropolitan product (GMP) in the United States, and approximately tenth largest by GMP in the world.

Hood County Texas Real Estate Report

Hood County Texas Real Estate Reports

Register online for monthly updates on your city and neighborhood, automatically emailed to you.

 
Close
Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better

Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services