Allen home sales were down 25% in June 2014

Allen home sales were down 25% in June 2014 compared to the same month last year with 138 homes selling this month. So far this year, there have been 676 home sales, which is a decrease of 12% from last year.

New real estate listings in the Allen area have increased 1%, with 201 homes listed this month, compared to the same period last year. So far this year, overall home listings have increased 3%, with 1,037 homes listed. The number of listings under contract increased 4% this month, with 152 homes contracted. The number of listings under contract for the year to date decreased 9%, with 779 homes under contract. The current supply of active listings on the market this month was 309 homes, a 21% increase from the same month last year. There was a 2.6 month supply of homes on the market, which is a 23% increase from last year.

The average sales price of a home in the Allen area this month was $323,861, up 12% from this month last year. For the year 2014, the average sales price was up 7%, at $294,562. On average, sellers have received 98% of their asking price this month, which is an increase of 1% from last year. For the year to date, sellers received 98% of their asking price, a change of 1%. This month, homes spent an average of 28 days on the market until sold, which represents a decrease of 11% from last year. For the year to date, the average number of days on the market was 34, a decrease of 18%.

Allen real estate information, known as MLS Area 51, is reported by area in the North Texas Real Estate Information System. The information in this report is believed reliable, but is only as accurate as reported by the system in the month of June 2014.

The DFW area is also known as the Dallas Fort Worth Metropolitan Statistical Area, a title designated by the U.S. Census Bureau, which encompasses 12 counties within the state of Texas. The area is divided into two metropolitan divisions: Dallas Plano Irving and Fort Worth. It is comprised of over 70 cities, both incorporated and unincorporated. The DFW Metroplex is, by population, the largest metropolitan area in Texas, the largest in the South, the fourth-largest in the United States, and the tenth-largest in the Americas. The DFW Metroplex encompasses over 9,000 square miles of total area, making it larger in area than the states of Rhode Island and Connecticut, combined. It also has the sixth-largest gross metropolitan product (GMP) in the United States, and is approximately tenth-largest by GMP in the world.

You can register on our website to have monthly updates on your city and neighborhood automatically emailed to you from DFW Team Realty. Search Allen Texas homes, foreclosures, and short sales to find homes in Allen. This service is FREE and available without any obligation from

Allen Texas Real Estate June 2014


Please support the site
By clicking any of these buttons you help our site to get better

Texas Real Estate Commission Consumer Protection Notice
Texas Real Estate Commission Information About Brokerage Services